Company history

  • In 1890 a cloth factory was founded at its present location.
  • In 1928 Willy Schmitz adopted company Gebr. Aschaffenburg from insolvency.
  • In 1932 the company was newly founded as Tuchfabrik Willy Schmitz GmbH & Co. KG.
  • In 1970 the former proprietor Friedhelm Schmitz adopted company OGUS Netze- u. Wirkwaren GmbH & Co. KG in Oberndorf.
  • Till this day, OGUS closely cooperates with the Tuchfabrik Willy Schmitz as a sister company.
  • In 1995 the third generation joined the corporate group.
  • Until 2016, the two managing directors Markus Schmitz (graduate textile engineer) and Andreas Schmitz (business economist) jointly managed the company.
  • In 2017 Markus Schmitz adopted 100% of the corporate shares of  Tuchfabrik Willy Schmitz.

 

General Manager Markus Schmitz

Today, Tuchfabrik Willy Schmitz represents a traditional family business with state-of-the-art production facilities and a demand-oriented range of products.

 

The sister company OGUS Netze- u. Wirkwaren GmbH & Co. KG is specialised in lamination, suction tapes for the tobacco industry, camouflage nets and cut-to-size parts.

Further information is available at: https://www.ogus.de

Our code of conduct for contractual partners:

Download
Code of Conduct
TWS - Code of Conduct.pdf
Adobe Acrobat Document 113.2 KB

Menu